The toaster oven is fast becoming one of the must have kitchen appliances for many family homes. Throughout the United States more and more people are purchasing toaster ovens along with the more traditional appliances that are usually found in the kitchen such as cookers, refrigerators and washing machines.
All of the different ovens that are available come with many different features and programs that can help you to cook a wide range of different things. Regardless of the need or requirements of anyone who is in the market for a new toaster oven, due to the wide range and selection that is available they can be sure to find the best toaster oven that will suit your needs exactly.
Before buying a toaster oven it is important to consider what sort of oven you require. You could opt for a special toaster oven such as one that has a rotisserie feature or one that has an infrared oven that can shorten the cooking time of many different food types.
You could opt for a more conventional toaster oven that offers you a multitude of different solutions so it will be more likely to have more cooking capabilities. Some of these types of ovens are easily capable of toasting, boiling, baking, broiling, roasting and defrosting, making them the perfect addition to any kitchen. Combined into one small and stylish kitchen device, this type of oven can also act as pizza oven, toaster and rotisserie cooker. Depending on the size of the oven they can be great to cook anything from a couple of slices of bread to large chickens and even pizzas.
The more expensive types of toaster ovens will usually come complete with a glass covered door that are more energy efficient, offer better insulation and safety features. They will also have a timer and maybe even a temperature display which will be incredibly helpful when cooking and makes baking even easier when using a toaster oven.
Compared to a regular oven, a toaster oven will use a lot less energy, yet will still have many, if not more of the features that you can commonly find on a normal oven. This could also help to reduce energy bills, saving you a considerable amount of money in the long run.
Some of the most common types of cooking that a toaster oven is capable of is as follows:
• Conventional – This is on all models of toaster ovens and works in the same as a regular oven, with an electrical heating element at the bottom of the oven is used to cook food.
• Convection – This works by circulating hot air around the oven and comes as an option to most conventional toaster ovens.
• Broiling – This is great for cooking chicken breasts, steaks, pork chops and fish. It can be a healthy way to cook too as the fat is quickly and easily drained away from the food during cooking. This is option is found on many types of toaster ovens.
• Infrared – This works by using light energy to cook your food and can use up to 40% less energy than an oven that uses hot air to cook. It is a very safe and efficient way to cook and leave foods full of flavor instead of drying it out.
• Rotisserie – This is a great way of cooking chicken or pork and it means that you can great that great tasting meat, just like you find at your local deli store.
Addtional reading: Ehow - Convection vs toaster oven
When buying a toaster oven you should consider a few key factors that could play a deciding part into what sort of toaster oven you choose. Important factors are cost/budget, size and what options and features are available on the particular oven you are looking to buy. It might help to give some thought to the points below before making your purchase.
• Size – Consider how big the oven you will buy need to be. If you have a small kitchen or cooking area then you might only have room for a small toaster oven. If you are planning on cooking whole chickens, large frozen pizzas of baking bread ten you will probably need to buy a larger oven.
• Cost – If you are looking at a large oven that is full of the latest features and options then you will obviously pay more than if you were purchasing a conventional toaster oven. Also, depending on the brand of the toaster oven this could also determine how much you are likely to pay. Ovens made by leading brands such as DeLonghi, Black and Decker and Sanyo will be more expensive but they will be of higher quality and have more features.
• Features – It is important that you consider what features you will need to cook the food of your choice. Features can include anything from none stick coating, automatic ejection racks and baking trays. What features you choose will also play a part on how much the oven will cost so think about this when deciding on your budget.
• Versatility – Next, think about what type of cooking you will be doing. If you mainly enjoy eating roasts then it will probably be in your interest to choose a rotisserie oven. Because of this you might be able to forgo some of the features that can be found on other toaster ovens to ensure you get one that has superior rotisserie features and that is available to best meet your budget.
• Ease of Use and Aftercare – Pay close attention to how easy the toaster oven is to use. Ask for a demonstration in the shop, or if you are looking online read reviews on what other people have to say about using the oven. Also make sure the oven is easy to clean, with parts that can be removed and are dishwasher safe, to make cleaning even easier.
• Reviews – The last and one of the most important things that you need to know is what people are thinking about the different toaster ovens available on the market. The benefit of toaster oven reviews is that you avoid problems by reading the opinion of people who actually bought a toaster oven.